The Best External Sound Cards For Gaming
Sound cards are an important part of a gaming PC. They allow you to connect your speakers or headphones to your computer and improve the quality of the sound. If you're looking for the best external sound card for gaming, then you've come to the right place.
In this article, we'll take a look at the best external sound cards for gaming and discuss what to look for when choosing one. We'll also recommend a few of our favorites. So, if you're looking for a great gaming experience, keep reading!
When choosing a gaming sound card, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. Here are some of the most important factors:
Type of connection: The first thing you need to consider is the type of connection the sound card has. Most sound cards use either a 3.5mm jack or a USB port. If your computer doesn't have a 3.5mm jack, then you'll need to use a USB sound card.
Sound quality: The next thing you need to consider is sound quality. This is important for any type of audio, but it's especially important for gaming. You want to make sure the sound card can provide high-quality audio so you can enjoy your games to the fullest.
Ease of use: The last thing you need to consider is how easy the sound card is to use. You don't want to spend hours trying to figure out how to set it up. Look for a sound card that's easy to install and comes with clear instructions.
Why do we need External Sound Cards for Gaming?
There are a few reasons why you might need an external sound card for gaming. One reason is that the integrated audio on your motherboard might not be good enough quality for gaming. Many motherboards have integrated audio that is designed for basic tasks like listening to music or watching videos, and it may not be suitable for gaming. If you want to get the most out of your gaming experience, you might need an external sound card that can provide better audio quality.
Another reason why you might need an external sound card is if you want to use multiple audio devices with your computer. For example, if you want to use a headset and speakers at the same time, you would need an external sound card that has multiple audio outputs. Many sound cards also have special features like surround sound support or Dolby Digital decoding, which can enhance your gaming experience.
If you're not sure whether you need an external sound card, you can try using your integrated audio first and see if it's good enough for your needs. If you find that the integrated audio is not meeting your needs, then you can consider getting an external sound card. There are many different sound cards available on the market, so you should be able to find one that meets your specific needs.
Reviews of the Best External Sound Cards for Gaming
|Top||Sound Blaster X G6||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Top||HyperX Amp USB Sound Card||Prime||Check Price|
|Top||Creative Sound Blaster Z SE||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Top||EPOS | Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier / External Sound Card||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
The Creative Sound BlasterX G6 is one of the best external sound cards on the market. It has excellent sound quality and provides a great gaming experience. It's also easy to use and comes with clear instructions.
There are many good reasons why you should consider buying the Creative Sound BlasterX G6. To start with, it’s a very powerful sound card that can give your PC or laptop an audio upgrade. It also supports 7.1 surround sound, which will give you an immersive gaming experience. Additionally, the Sound BlasterX G6 is also very versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes, such as listening to music, watching videos, or gaming.
Lastly, it’s also very affordable and provides great value for your money. So if you’re looking for a quality sound card that won’t break the bank, then the Creative Sound BlasterX G6 is a great option.
- UPGRADE YOUR GAMES ON PS4, XBOX ONE, NINTENDO SWITCH, AND PC | Get immediate increased enjoyment over basic motherboard and controller audio! Apart from incredible audio quality, the Sound BlasterX G6 boasts gaming-centric features such as Sidetone volume control and easy-to-reach profile buttons
- INDUSTRY-LEADING AUDIO PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY | Enjoy full audio customization and enhanced audio realism with immersive 7.1 surround virtualization, accurate cues, bass boost and in-game voice communication enhancements. It also has Scout Mode than enhances in-game audio cues, letting you hear your enemies before they hear you
- 7.1 VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND AND DOLBY DIGITAL | Enjoy the latest in immersion technology with Dolby Digital decoding or Sound Blaster’s proprietary surround sound perfect for games and movies
- DISCRETE HEADPHONE AMP | Custom-designed Xamp headphone amplifier features discrete components through all stages of amplification in a bi-amp design. Each audio channel is individually amplified to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an authentic, unaltered lossless model. The ultra-low 1 Ohm output impedance perfectly drives performance-grade sensitive 8W in-ear monitors all the way to studio-grade 600W headphones
- 130dB DNR, 32-bit 384kHz DAC Advanced 32-bit oversampled multi-bit modulator with mismatch shaping technology eliminates distortion, ensuring audio is streamed with the highest level of detail and fidelity
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
The HyperX Amp USB sound card is a great option for those looking to improve their audio experience on their PC. It offers a simple and easy way to boost your audio quality and can be used with any set of headphones or speakers. The sound card includes a built-in amplifier that will drive your headphones or speakers to produce richer and more accurate sound. It also includes a dedicated audio control box that gives you easy access to all of the card's features is great and allows you to adjust your audio settings on the fly. The HyperX Amp USB sound card is a great choice for gamers or anyone who wants to improve their audio quality.
Some people may feel that they need to buy a sound card as soon as they start using their computer for gaming or other multimedia purposes, while others may be able to get away with using the onboard audio for a while longer. Ultimately, it's up to the individual to decide when they need or want a sound card.
One thing to keep in mind is that a sound card can provide a better audio experience than the onboard audio, as it typically has more features and options. This can be important for people who are serious about their multimedia use, as it can make a big difference in terms of audio quality. Additionally, a sound card can also provide extra ports for connecting additional devices, such as headphones or speakers.
So, if you're looking for the best possible audio experience, then a sound card may be the right purchase for you. However, if you're not too concerned about audio quality and are mainly using your computer for basic tasks, then the onboard audio should suffice.
- HyperX custom tuned virtual 7.1 surround sound
- Convenient Audio control box 2M/6.5 feet cable length
- Enhanced Microphone noise cancellation
- Plug n play Audio upgrade for Stereo headsets
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
Creative's Sound Blaster Z SE is a great-sounding card that offers excellent value for money. It's got a great feature set and comes bundled with some nice extras, making it a great option for those looking to upgrade their sound card on a budget.
Creative is one of the most well-known brands when it comes to audio cards and other audio-related devices. The company has been in the business for more than three decades and has gained a solid reputation for delivering high-quality products.
The Sound Blaster Z SE is one of Creative's latest offerings, and it is certainly one of the best audio cards on the market today. The card offers great sound quality and a wide range of features, making it the perfect choice for gamers and audiophiles.
If you're looking for an excellent sound card that won't break the bank, then the Sound Blaster Z SE is definitely worth considering. It offers great value for money and comes bundled with some handy extras, making it a great option for those looking to upgrade their sound card on a budget.
- PRISTINE AUDIO CLARITY – With up to 116 dB SNR at an amazing bit rate of up to 24-bit / 192 kHz, enjoy impressive audio quality for your every need. The sound card also features gold-plated connectors, speaker optimization technology, and digital content encoding capability for the best digital audio performance. Coupled with Audio Stream Input / Output (ASIO) support, Sound Blaster Z SE delivers low-latency and high-fidelity audio, even for your recordings
- SBX GAMING EQ PROFILES – Emerge as the last man standing with our updated SBX Gaming Profiles for hot titles such as Apex Legends, Fortnite, Overwatch, PUBG, and more. In-house tuned and optimized to sound the best for the respective games, you can get started right away or further tweak the EQs, instead of having to create the profiles from scratch. Simply select the respective game from our latest Sound Blaster Command software’s menu, and be battle-ready instantly
- IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND – Get fully immersed and stay focused on your games with our surround sound. The Sound Blaster Z SE now supports 7.1 virtual on headphones and speakers alongside discrete 5.1 for speakers. You can even switch between headphones and your speakers via the software for those times you want to pump the bass, or go stealthier with your headphones. For extra delivery options to your external devices, the Z SE also supports Dolby Digital Live and DTS Encoding
- CRYSTAL CLEAR COMMUNICATION – Comes with a list of Microphone EQ Presets that compensates for your headset’s built-in mic so you can be heard clearly–whether it is to reduce the harshness of your tonality, sound more natural, or to increase the mids for vocal clarity. Together with our Sound Blaster Command Software’s CrystalVoice technology that helps remove echoes and ambient noises, the Z SE is perfect for games and even video conferences while working from home for better communications
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
The Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier is an external sound card that is designed for gamers. It provides gamers with an immersive gaming experience by delivering clear and powerful sound. The GSX 1000 also comes with a built-in DAC (digital to analog converter) and headphone amplifier, which ensures that you will hear every detail in your games.
The GSX 1000 is also very easy to use. It has a built-in volume control and microphone mute switch, which makes it easy to adjust the settings on the fly. Plus, the GSX 1000 comes with a USB cable that you can use to connect it to your PC or laptop. However, the GSX 1000 is a bit expensive and it is not compatible with all PCs and laptops.
- Binaural Rendering Engine With 7.1 Surround - The Proprietary High-Tech Audio Engine Delivers Exceptional Spatial Awareness And Positional Game Audio. Delivers The Game Audio Details And Positional Audio Cues.
- Quick Setting Changes – Save Up To 4 Customized Sound Settings On The Led Touch Panel That Allows One-Touch Mode Switch, Also Between Headphone And Speaker Listening And Make Fast Adjustments With A Large Aluminum Volume Ring
- Eq Settings – Get Precise Control Of Your Game Audio With A Dedicated Dac Chip And Eq Presets. Specially Attuned Audio Presets For Competitive Gaming Focus And Balance Sound Frequencies Where They Are Needed
- Sidetone- Sidetone Control Lets You Adjust The Loudness Of Your Own Voice In Your Headset: You Know What You Are Saying, Tune In To Your Teammates.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
External sound cards are a must for any gaming PC. This is because they provide gamers with the best audio experience possible. External sound cards can make all the difference in the world when it comes to hearing every gunshot and footstep clearly.
Our Top Pick
The Sound Blaster X G6 is our top pick for the best external sound card because it offers great features and performance in a small, portable package. It has a 32-bit/384kHz ESS Sabre DAC and AMP that delivers high-quality audio, and it supports 7.1 surround sound passthrough. It also comes with a built-in headphone amp that delivers 600 Ohms of power for headphones, so you can get the most out of your audio. The X G6 also has a built-in RGB lighting system that lets you customize your sound card's look to match your system.
If you're looking for an external sound card that offers great features and performance, the Sound Blaster X G6 is a great option. It delivers high-quality audio.