The Benefits of Having the Best Headsets for Hearing Footsteps
There are several benefits of having the best headphones for hearing footsteps. I will show you some in this article. Also, when choosing the best one out there you should keep in mind that different headphones are designed for different purposes. Some focus on bass, some on treble, and others work better for hardcore gamers.
I have been playing multiplayer games for a very long time and being able to hear every sound around me is crucial. I have always been using open headphones (it's like having two miniature speakers inside each cup) and I can tell you that it is extremely important to wear a good pair if you want to be competitive in multiplayer games.
Why Do You Need Headphones For Hearing Footsteps?
Well, because they allow you to hear the enemies' approach and avoid getting killed. So if you want to get more kills and be a better player it's highly recommended that you invest in high-quality gaming headphones.
The following factors are very much important when finding your perfect match, so if you're looking for something specific, take a look at this article too.
It took me several months of research, testing different types of headphones, and listening to many different sounds around me before I could come up with something that works. So I highly recommend you to read this entire article before buying your next pair of headphones.
I will start with the most important factors you should consider when looking for the best headphones for hearing footsteps.
Important Factors When Looking For The Best Headset To Hear Footsteps
The best headphones for hearing footsteps should be extremely comfortable to wear, even during long gaming sessions or boot camp runs. They shouldn't hurt your ears after just half an hour because they press against them too hard. The padding on the headphones is essential to making sure that the earbuds don't push into your head too hard, so they hurt your ears after a certain amount of time. The best headphones for hearing footsteps should also be stable, even when you move around or do physical activities like running long distances. Some brands offer ear hooks to help them stay in place while you run (e.g., Mpow)
Below are the most important factors that you should consider when looking for your next pair of headphones.
The main purpose of sound isolation is to block the noise coming from outside and make you concentrate on whatever you are listening to. It also prevents people around you from hearing what you are listening to, which can be a downside for some music genres.
Some headphones come equipped with a decent sound-isolating feature and some with the best sound isolation. The way they work is by covering your entire ear and blocking out as much noise as possible. Unless you are looking for a pair of headphones for hearing footsteps, sound isolation might not be important since most gamers want to hear everything around them (if someone moves behind them). But if you like to play games like Call of Duty or Battlefield and you want to hear someone approaching from behind then sound isolation is a must.
Open-back vs Closed-back Headphones
Open-back headphones are great if you want to get the best experience possible and don't mind other people around you listening to what you are hearing. This can be a downside for games like Battlefield or Call of Duty where it is important to hear every little sound. Closed-back headphones provide the best sound isolation and block noise from outside, making them ideal for multiplayer shooters.
The main difference between open-back and closed-back headphones is the ear cups design. Open-back headphones have large perforated ear cups through which sound can easily pass. Closed-back headphones have solid cups so there is no way for the noise to get in or out.
Sound Quality and Amplification
I have tried multiple types of headphones when looking for the best headphones for hearing footsteps so I know what works and what doesn't. The truth is that in-ear headphones are unable to reproduce good surround sound unless they cost over $150. While most in-ears provide impressive bass and treble, their mid-range is usually poor.
This is why I recommend circumoral closed-back headphones which provide the best sound quality when it comes to footsteps. They also come with a decent amplifier and an extra set of cables for different consoles/computers.
Comfort and Fit (Is it easy to wear?)
Of course, the most important thing about headphones is how they feel on your head. There are several types of ear cups so you need to find a pair that is suitable for you. A good fit is essential otherwise you will not be able to focus on what you are doing.
I have tried several types of headphones, including open-back wireless ones, and I can easily say that closed-back headphones are the most comfortable for games like Battlefield or Call of Duty where it is important to hear everything around you. When looking for the best gaming headphones make sure you try out several models and brands before making a choice.
They will be sitting on your head for several hours, so it's important to make sure they are comfortable enough. Some people like over-ear headphones with thick padding that covers their ears entirely while others just want ear cups that don't touch their skin. It all comes down to personal preference, so you have a wide range of options to choose from.
Durability and Price
It's no surprise that most people who play multiplayer games don't have an unlimited amount of money to spend on gear. However, it is important to understand why some headphones cost more than others. Certain extra features might seem useless but in fact, improve the overall experience.
For example, some closed-back headphones come with a special amplifier that makes them much more comfortable and allows you to hear footsteps in a way that open-back headphones simply can not provide. With that being said, it is important to understand what you are looking for in terms of price and quality so you can find the best headphones for hearing footsteps within your budget.
The Benefits Of Good Headsets For hearing Footsteps
There are a lot of benefits to using the best headphones for hearing footsteps. Let's start with the obvious ones. You will be able to hear your enemy much more clearly and precisely without actually seeing him, which means that you should have more time to react accordingly. Also, if you're playing games other than counterstrike [and assuming you are not cheating], you might want to listen to your teammates more efficiently. There are also some more "nicer" benefits, like more comfort while using headphones for a long period.
So, the main reasons why players use good headphones are:
- Better hearing of footsteps
- Easier focusing on sounds that matter only
- More comfort
- Improved awareness in the game
- Better communication with your teammates (mics are not included) However, keep in mind that you should not choose something too bulky. Having the best headphones for hearing footsteps is great, but sometimes it may be annoying while being focused on a very important thing or simply playing games without being suspicious. That's why you should not choose a very bulky type of headphones since they're often used by players who don't care about what people think.
Benefits from Having the Best Headphones for Footsteps?
One benefit of having the best headphones for listening to footsteps is that when they do hear them, it might be a matter of life and death if they are not able to do something. If they hear footsteps, then that means someone is approaching them either to help or hurt them. The best headphones for hearing footsteps will usually give you the ability to ignore all other background noise so that any sound of a person walking will be easily heard.
Another benefit of having the best headphone for footstep detection is simply being able to play games like first-person shooters where hearing the other players and what they are doing is crucial to have a greater chance of winning. It will also help with getting better scores as you can hear exactly where the other players are and what they might be trying to do next.
Yet another benefit of having the best headphone for footstep detection is that you will not have to keep looking around now and then as you can just hear where anyone or anything is coming from.
How To Select a Headset To hear Footsteps?
When selecting a headphone, make sure it has great sound quality. You will also want a wireless headphone that has a comfortable fit for extended use. There are several things to look out for in a headphone if you want it to be of the best value and quality when it comes to hearing footsteps.
You can get headphones from Amazon, which is one of the most recommended online stores when looking for good products. You can find a lot of headphones that are of the best value and quality on Amazon. They also have affordable prices.
It is important for all gamers to hear everything going on in their games. It is most important for PC gamers who enjoy first person shooters, battle Royale styles, etc. style games to hear when their opponents are nearby, or when they are being breached.
When I'm playing a game like a shoot em up game i certainly want to know what the best headsets for hearing footsteps are as i want to hear everyone that is coming at me. Check out our suggestions below.
Reviews of the Best Headsets for Hearing Footsteps
|Top Top Top||Logitech G PRO X Gaming Headset (2nd Generation) with Blue Voice, DTS Headphone 7.1 and 50 mm PRO-G Drivers, for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S,PS5,PS4, Nintendo Switch - Black||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Top||SteelSeries Arctis 7 - Lossless Wireless Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone: X v2.0 Surround - For PC and PlayStation 4 - White||Prime||Check Price|
|Top Top||OneOdio A70 Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones, Wireless Headphones with 72H Playtime, Shareport, Foldable, 3.5mm/6.35mm Stereo Jack for Guitar Amp Computer PC Tablet Home Office Travel||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Top Top Top||Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 Wireless Gaming Headset for Xbox Series X & Xbox Series S, Xbox One & Windows 10 PCs with 50mm Speakers, 15Hour Battery life, Flip-to-Mute Mic and Spatial Audio - Black||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
|Top Top Top||Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset (Renewed)||PrimeEligible||Check Price|
Designed for pro gamers and their audiophile fans, the Logitech G PRO X Gaming Headset delivers precision audio and extended comfort. With three interchangeable sets of ear cups (XS, S, and L), you can find your perfect fit to stay comfortable during those long epic conquests. And with a lightweight steel frame, you'll experience the same clear and precise sound that made our pro gaming headphone line so popular among eSports professionals.
The three sets of ultra-soft ear cups let you tailor-fit to your own personal preferences. The GAME-X FIT delivers an extremely close and immersive in-game audio experience. The GAME-X FIT delivers an extremely close and immersive in-game audio experience.
Made to last, the Logitech G PRO X Gaming Headset features a lightweight steel frame that provides stability during intense gaming sessions. The headset also comes with two sets of cables so you can plug in your preferred choice of connection with your PC or game console.
- Detachable pro grade microphone featuring real time Blue Voice technology, including noise reducer, compressor, limiter and more for cleaner, professional sounding voice comms; Requires included USB external sound card, Windows PC, and Logitech G HUB software
- Next gen 7.1 and object based surround sound for greater in game positional, distance, and object awareness during gameplay. Requires included USB external sound card, Windows PC, and Logitech G HUB software
- Soft memory foam ear-pads with your choice of premium passive noise canceling leatherette or soft, breathable velour for supreme comfort
- Built to last with a durable aluminum fork and steel headband. Impedance - 35 Ohm
- Advanced PRO G 50 millimeter drivers deliver clear and precise sound imaging with improved bass response. Hear footsteps and environmental cues with clarity to give you the competitive advantage in game
- Premium USB external sound card with EQ profile storage delivers tournament level game sound and voice comms. Use Logitech G HUB to save EQ settings to onboard memory to use or tournament systems; Requires PC running G HUB software
- Pro designed EQ profiles available for download with Logitech G Hub software; Onboard memory lets you save user or pro tuned 5 band EQ for tournament use
- PRO X gaming headset also comes with a mobile cable featuring an inline mic so you can use the headset without the boom mic. The headset also includes a carrying bag to keep the headset and accessories protected during travel. 2-year Limited hardware warranty
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
The ease-of-use that comes with a wireless headset, the ability to tune the sound for different devices, and of course that quality are all very great. The one thing it doesn't have is an included DAC. Depending on your computer setup this may not be much of an issue since most motherboards these days contain some sort of headphone jack built-in but I've found that the sound quality isn't always great and you're stuck with a fixed volume knob. The Arctis 7 eases this issue by having an adjustable DAC built-in.
The Arctis 7 is essentially a wireless version of the Siberia 800, but it drops the surrounding functionality in favor of a lighter headband design and slightly improved sound. The headset is still very capable and packs a punch, but it's also not as immersive as the Siberia 800. All in all, it's a solid performer that should satisfy most gamers as long as they don't mind losing surround sound functionality.
For the price of this headset, it's quite impressive what SteelSeries was able to pack in. Not only do you get an adjustable external DAC that can be attached to your computer or any other device but you also get a USB transmitter unit that is capable of transmitting lossless audio up to 2 meters away. The claim is that thanks to the use of a 2.4 GHz connection, 'lag' should be nonexistent while gaming which is definitely not something I could test but it's still very good to know since there are plenty of wireless headsets that do suffer from minor lag issues.
The headset itself feels well-built and has some weight to it, especially when you include the external DAC and transmitter. It's not uncomfortable to wear over long periods of time but I do find that it gets tight after about an hour or two, which is to be expected from a plastic headband. I really like the look of the ear cups themselves since they curve outward which gives you more room to fit your ears inside while also giving off a unique look. The outer shell of the headset is made out of a lightly textured matte plastic that looks good and feels very sturdy.
- Designed for gaming, the 2.4 grams connection delivers rock solid, lossless wireless audio with ultra-low latency and 0 interference
- Widely recognized as the best mic in gaming, the discord certified clear cast microphone delivers studio quality voice clarity and background noise cancellation
- Sound is your competitive advantage with the s1 speaker drivers, engineered to produce ultra-low distortion audio so you hear every detail
- Immerse yourself in 360 degrees of precision audio with next generation DTS headphone: x v2.0 7.1 surround sound (pc only). Microphone frequency response 100hz–10,000hz. Headphone frequency response 20–20000 kHz
- 24 hour battery life gives you enough continuous play for even your longest gaming sessions; Microphone sensitivity: 38 dB
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
It comes with a variety of functions and features that make it the best choice for music lovers. The product is also equipped with an intelligent noise reduction system, which reduces ambient noise by 30% without degrading sound quality.
The product comes with 40mm dynamic drivers, which deliver crisp sound. The battery life of the headphones makes them useful for longer durations. It also emits Hi-Fi Stereo Sound and has Bluetooth 4.1 + EDR APT-X technology that ensures high definition sound quality.The headband is adjustable to fit the user's head perfectly. The product also has a built-in microphone that lets users receive calls.
OneOdio A70 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones is a must-buy for those who love to listen to music while traveling. It serves as an ideal companion, as it cancels out ambient noise, delivers clear sound, and ensures comfortable wearing due to its adjustable structure.
- Jack lock design: For make sure the cable lock in place to ensure a secure connection, we add jack lock system on the stereo Aux cable. You dont have to worry about any connection problems when connecting the jacks and sockets.
- Soft Memory Earcups: The breathable protein skin earmuffs and the soft sponge inside improve the wearing experience, make sure good sound insulation and there is no discomfort for long-term wear
- Music or Sound Sharing: Pair your device via bluetooth and share your tunes through the audio cable, 2 or more people can share music moments at the same time
- Receiving Music at Both Ends: Connect two devices with a 3.5mm cable and another 6.35mm cable, and the music at both ends will be transmitted to ear at the same time, such as connect your phone and guitar simultaneously
- 72 hours playtime&40mm driver: 72-hour playback time to deliver a wireless experience. 40mm drivers - inner & outer rings deliver vibrant bass, vivid midst & vivacious highs without overlap
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Gen 2 is one of the latest headsets launched by Turtle Beach. It has an MSRP of $99.95 and it's not looking like that will change anytime soon. This headset offers an upgrade to their previous Stealth 600 model with a longer wireless range, the ability to connect your mobile device via Bluetooth, software updates, and overall improvements in sound quality. They are pretty simple looking with their black and silver color scheme, but they do have some nice ergonomics with a comfy memory foam headband with air circulation to help keep your ears cool. They also offer a good amount of flexibility in terms of gameplay as you can plug them into Xbox One or PS4 controller without having to buy anything extra. Let's break it down and see just how well they perform.
The headset looks pretty nice with the shiny black plastic on the ear cups where you have easy access to volume, power, Bluetooth pairing button as well as mic mute switch. They also have an LED ring that tells you when they are on or off,/li>
Other than that you have the detachable mic on the left ear cup which slides up for when you are listening to music or watching something by yourself. The headband is also made of memory foam with some ventilation underneath to help keep your ears cool, bringing us to a very important subject - comfort.
- POWERFUL, AMPLIFIED AUDIO - Refined ear cup acoustics and expertly tuned 50mm speakers are powerfully driven to give you accurate, immersive audio
- GEN 2 FLIP-TO-MUTE MIC - A larger, high-sensitivity, high-performance mic enhances chat clarity and seamlessly integrates into the headset when muted
- SUPERHUMAN HEARING - Turtle Beach exclusive Superhuman Hearing sound setting lets you hear subtle, game-changing sounds so you can live up to 20% longer and win more. *Data from Turtle Beach Superhuman Hearing study conducted by Real Industry, May 2021
- SURROUND SOUND READY FOR XBOX - Optimized to deliver immersive surround sound with Windows Sonic, Dolby Atmos and DTS Headphone: X; *Dolby Atmos and DTS:X: may require additional purchases, app downloads, and supported hardware
- MIC MONITORING - Hear your own voice while you chat with friends so you’re aware of your own volume and don’t have to shout
- GLASSES-FRIENDLY - Our exclusive, patented ProSpecs comfort-driven design removes pressure on your glasses while you play
- 15-HOUR BATTERY LIFE - Always be ready to play with up to 15-hours of gaming per charge using the included USB-C charging cable
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
Beyerdynamic's new MMX 300 premium gaming headset delivers first-class acoustic performance, 50 mm driver technology, and an excellent weight-to-wearing comfort ratio at a highly attractive price. The sophisticated soundscape is perfectly tailored to modern video gaming. The Surround Sound feature allows for the discrete placement of individual game events and ensures that positional accuracy is not compromised.
The ergonomic headband construction and the soft padded ear pads ensure a flawless fit for hours of gaming fun. With its impeccable sound, modern design, and outstanding price-performance ratio, it is once again clear that the MMX 300 from Beyerdynamic is a true premium headset.
The MMX 300 (2nd Generation) has a circumaural design and is ideally suited for use at home or in the studio. The premium headset is outfitted with a built-in sound card, making it possible to use the headphones on devices that do not support 5.1/7.1 surround sound or an external sound card.
- Closed stereo headset ideal for all gaming and multi-media applications. Connectivity Technology: Wired
- Compatible with all gaming consoles. Headphone frequency response : 5 - 35,000 Hz
- Excellent intelligibility of speech due to high-quality microphone Capsule. Nominal Impedance Headphones: 32 ohms
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Things We Liked
Things We Didn’t Like
All gamers need to think hard about what headset they are going to buy and what they need to buy it for. If you’re thinking about the best headset for hearing footsteps, then you don’t need to look any further: the best headset for hearing footsteps in all games on PC platforms is definitely the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset.
Amongst the very impressive feature of this headset, the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 boasts exceptional sound quality without losing comfort or durability. The parts are easily replaceable if anything were to happen to them, it has a sleek design, the headset was made for versatility and quality, and it not only has gamers in mind, but aviators and recording artists as well, making it the ultimate headset. The headband is comfortable, the earcups are comfortable (and don’t make your ears sweat while still blocking sound), and the headset itself is very lightweight.
Our Top Pick
That all being said, the Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Generation) Premium Gaming Headset is the best headset for hearing footsteps, and you should go get one… right now!